AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't figure out if it's my Panny e80h or my Panny TV, but when I plug in my sonyDVD videocam using s-video cable the picture quality is horrible on the TV. It's so dark while on the camcorder LCD screen it's so clear and has lots of color.

Is this just because it is a smaller screen?

I have also tried sticking the actual dvd from the camera into the the panny e80 and playing it that way and there is no difference. Lastly, I put the DVD disk into my laptop and even though it is grainier and a lot less color, it is not as dark as it looks on my TV screen. It actually looks a lot better in terms of contrast.

Is this also because it's a smaller screen?

I've tried messing with the TV settings and it doesn't make a difference.

Any suggestions as to why this is?

Thanks, Andry

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It's easy to fool yourself with these LCDs. You can adjust the LCD overly bright and poor low-light video will look fairly good. Take some video outside on a bright sunny day in full automatic mode and see how that video looks on your TV. If that looks good then you have been fooling yourself with an overly bright LCD setting on your MiniDVD camcorder.

Dave

·
Registered
512 Posts
You also may want to try replacing the cable between your camcorder and the E80. I've seen NEW cables that are bad! It's worth a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.