Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I guess I didn't figure correctly. Through distance 19', screen 49" x 89"

The image is to tall on 4x3 by about 8". Suggestions? Does JVC offer a diff. lens? Would it be less$$ than a NRS+ ?

TIA Dave:confused:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I thought JVC G1000, G10, G11, and G15 all came standard with a 2:1 - 3:1 zoom lenses.

19ft x 12in/ft = 228 inches

228 / 2 = 114 in wide

228/ 3 = 76 in wide

Your screen is a 1.82 aspect ratio. The dila panel is 1.33.

Need more info.

At 89" wide You should be well within the range of the standard Dila lens.

-jp

·
Registered
918 Posts
There is a zoom button on the remote, not sure if you tried this from the info given. (You'll have to refocus once zoomed).

You could use DILARD to crop your image, but I'd guess that would be a last resort.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Or, if you don't like to zoom all the time, you could put the 4:3 in the center of the 16:9 image and forget zooming. This is what I do.

You end up throwing away a decent amount of the resolution, but I am ending up throwing away a decent amount of my 4:3 material anyway, so the trend is a rather good match :D.

EDIT: Oops. I can see that this is what Mr. Hoy already suggested above.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I have zoomed all the way in. But it's still to large. It even states in the man. that at 19.68' theimage will be 103 min. I need about 78".

So I'm guessing a different lens.

·
Registered
826 Posts
DecoDave,

Crop, or rescale the image using Dilard's image geometry wizard as mentioned in the previous posts.

That will be cheaper than new lens or an NRS+.

Andrew.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jpschmoe
I thought JVC G1000, G10, G11, and G15 all came standard with a 2:1 - 3:1 zoom lenses.
jp,

I thought the JVCs came with 2:1 to 3:1 lens also - that's what the specs in the JVC literature says.

However, the zoom lens on the JVCs is more accurately a 1.9:1 - 2.9:1 zoom lens. The people at "ProjectorCentral"

picked up on this - their calculator for the JVC G15 has a zoom range of 1.9 - 2.9 which is what the actual PJ has.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/projection_calc.cfm

I wish JVC would correct their literature.

Dr. Gregory Greenman

Physicist

·
Registered
475 Posts
Gee. ever think of moving the projector and screen a little closer? Ceiling holes are easy to patch. Or, you could make a stand for your screen and move it out from the wall.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by toddalin
Gee. ever think of moving the projector and screen a little closer? Ceiling holes are easy to patch. Or, you could make a stand for your screen and move it out from the wall.
toddalin,

Yes - doable, unless he is using a "behind the rear wall" setup to mitigate the G15 fan noise in lieu of a hushbox.

One should always do a test setup - and try to duplicate the geometry of the setup before cutting any holes. If you find

your problems and correct them with a mock setup - you don't even have to patch the drywall.

Dr. Gregory Greenman

Physicist

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
decodave,

I had the same problem with my G-15 mounted behind the rear wall of my HT room. I used the uncorrected lens info for my calculations and couldn't figure out why the resulting image on my 92" diagonal 16:9 screen (80"x45")was just too large.

Anyway, I solved the problem with a Panamorph lens and a Vigatec scaler. Since the Panamorph compresses the image vertically, it increased my throw distance without having to move my projector. I am very happy with the picture, which looks incredible and fits perfectly on the screen.

It's not an inexpensive option, but many people feel it is worth it to get the most from the projector.

Good luck.

Alan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.