AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw the spot on INHD2 promoting their IMAX Marathon on INHD2 all day on Super Bowl Sunday.

Looking at their web site, it looks like they will be playing the following 4 IMAX titles all day:

- Ocean Oasis

- Ring of Fire

- Tropical Rainforest

- Ultimate G's

I have seen parts of Ocean Oasis and Ring of Fire. The shots in Ocean Oasis are spectacular. I thoroughly enjoyed the story on Ring of Fire (and the lava shots at the end are AMAZING).

All day on Super Bowl Sunday should make it good fare to show off the HDTV set to the 6 couples coming over for the party.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Only if we can record them and play in the intermission or after the game. I just completed my 10' screen HT in my family room with a native 1280x720p Sanyo projector. Finally I can compare 1080i and 720p:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it is a marathon playing all day, do you absolutely need a recorder?

Couldn't you just tune to INHD2 at halftime and see whatever was playing as a part of the marathon?

And after the game, given that it will be a marathon, there will also be IMAX fare on INHD2 at that time.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by foxfire
If it is a marathon playing all day, do you absolutely need a recorder?

Couldn't you just tune to INHD2 at halftime and see whatever was playing as a part of the marathon?

And after the game, given that it will be a marathon, there will also be IMAX fare on INHD2 at that time.
You are right. We got to see the repeats last night during our Kings game party. Unfortunately the game was not broadcasted by ESPN, or else we would have had HD all the way.

Yes the HD video of Ocean Oasis was truely breadth taking on the big screen with my 720p projector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.