AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with the IMAX movies.

Any recommendations?

·
Banned
172 Posts
Are you referring to the actual Imax theater, or Imax DVDs?

With regard to the Imax DVDs, not all are created equal. Some, like Whales, Antarctica, Amazing Journeys, etc, are truly spectacular; while others are below par.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was referring to the DVDs.

I would like to buy a few to try out with my front projector and wanted to get some ideas before ordering.

Any others you would recommend?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK thanks, the order is in.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Super Speedway in anamorphic widescreen and DTS....great racing action,

sound and overall quality picture.

·
Registered
770 Posts
The Living Sea was an Academy Award nominee, narration by Meryl Streep, and music by Sting. I use it for demo'ing all the time. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with it; it's one of my favs. JR

·
Registered
548 Posts
I second the nomination for Super Speedway. Crank it up and get right in front of the TV for a truly interactive (you are at the racetrack) experience.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I have two IMAX movies: Super Speedway Mach II and The Great Barrier Reef. Also I have also seen about 4 or 5 IMAX movies in an IMAX theatre. What I notice in all the IMAX films is that a lot of information (eg music etc)are recorded at relatively high levels in the rear surrounds. In the Great Barrier Reef I have to turn down the rear surround levels otherwise the sound of the ocean drowns out the centre channel. The surround levels were calibrated with the ol Radio Shack Analogue SPL meter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.