AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been impressed with the quality of this movie and have been attempting to obtain a region 4 PAL version. For some reason it is not considered worth the effort to produce for our "small" market. However, it is even more surprising to find that it is not apparently available even in region 2 from the U.K. but could be obtained from Germany. I do not like the lack of resolution of R1 NTSC discs and so a R1 copy is not ideal.

This was such a popular movie that I fail to see the relationship between popularity and unavailability. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
It's a *wonderful* film and DVD, so its pretty sad that they don't make it available to you guys. And they wonder why people hack their DVD players to get rid of the region enforcement?

·
Registered
135 Posts
...ahh... contrary to the information given above, there appears to be NO German DVD of this movie...

...however, a French DVD has been available since early last year:

http://www.dvdfr.com/dvd/fiche.php3?id=893

(anamorphic 2.35:1 / DD 5.1 soundtrack / optional subtitles / Director's commentary / 30-minute 'Making Of'...

. . . :eek: . . .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou Dean for the understanding thoughts, and thankyou "European", for the useful website and info. Actually, the film was available from Amazon.com Germany at one time but I hestitated and as they say, "he who hesitates..." But I'll try France. Now I'd best just go brush up on my French...

Cheers,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.