AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Microsoft has issued a DirectShow patch for the "InterActual" DVD Player.

Most of us could hardly care less, but this patch is a DirectShow patch and not specific to this player.

It fixes a few interesting bugs relating to DVD Playback under DirectShow. This means that it should effect Zoom Player and the TheaterTek player.

For more information, go here .

The direct download link is here

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blight,

What MS bugs were actually squashed this time?

Did they fix the messy Navigator state implementation for getting bookmark information so that one could now backup and 're-use' ZP bookmarks?

Thanks again for the great ZP!

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Blight:

___Having seen the title “InterActual†listed patch, I dismissed it but after reading your link, it does have some merit. Has it broke anything in ZP that you have seen yet? I have tried a few items under TheaterTek but nothing blatant has popped up yet … It did fix a slight position mouse over menu problem under the title “Pearl Harbor†which was nice ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as I can tell the mosti important fix is for Anamorphic DVD Menus.

What happened was, if you had an Anamorphic DVD Menu, the mouse wouldn't highlight over the right areas. (which is probably what you saw on pearl harbor).

Hopefully with DirectX-9 coming out soon, this patch will be available for all platforms.

Still, I have at least 10 verified bugs in DirectShow that could use a fix, it's a shame microsoft don't deal with these blatent issues. I think they care more about 3D than video.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Quote:
Still, I have at least 10 verified bugs in DirectShow that could use a fix, it's a shame microsoft don't deal with these blatent issues. I think they care more about 3D than video.
Hey, you know what they say about the squeaky wheel.

3D graphics are the squeaky wheel.

Any thoughts if I installed Media Player 7.1 on my machine if it would get Zoomplayer playing DVDs?

Jason

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.