AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, So i have a westinghouse 37' 1080p tv. And I am having a problem. Well there is this weird line that goes across the screen depening on which game it is. Like i think its from really bright colors. Like in lost planet since your life bar is that lime green color, coming off to the right of it, there is a blue line that goes across the screen, and I cant figure out what it is!!!!

It also happens when I play oblivion and I go underwater since there is that blue breath bar, there is a purple line that goes across the screen. Also in condemned when I use the smell tool where you find the smell, since its that lime green color, there is a faint purple bar that goes across the center of the screen.

So I started asking my buddy's and one of my buddy's thinks it could be the 360's video card going out(he says that because I have had my 360 since launch, it was manuf. on OCT 13 2005) Another one of my friends thinks my componunt cables could be dead, but like all other games are ok, and lost planet its even ok, its just its kinda noticible on the screen.

So I need to figure out wether its my TV or my 360 or nether, maybe its just how the tv is..errr I dont know. I could also take pics if that would help, unless someone can diagonose the problem without em. So I guess if you reply to this topic and you ask for some pics I can take some.

I really hope you guyz can help me...its kinda bugging, so am hoping its either my 360 or my tv, either way I will get a new tv or 360. Or maybe nether if its just how the tv is.

And I dont know if this would have anything to do with it, but I play in 1080p, and the tv has a 1000:1 contrast ratio.

Thanks again soooo much!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*Update* I tried using different componunt cables, on my xbox...didnt work, so I then tried my bro's xbox 360 on my tv...nothing(still there). And then I tried both of the methods above but changed the res. to 720p...nothing still...so am thinking its my tv..what do you guys think I should do next??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.