AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now im using a nutone whole house intercom music system similar to this to pipe music am/fm + all the songs on my computer throught-out my house(wall speakers) im running AUX out from my computer to the AUX in on the nutone. it works wonderfully except there is no amplifier section on the nutone so it only can get a little loud before distortion sets in.

my question is this-

can i run AUX out from my computer to AUX IN on the receiver then AUX out on the receiver to AUX in on the Nutone and take advantage of the AMPS on the receiver. that would give me 5000 itune songs + sirius from my computer through-out my house, inside and out.....

ps..... pio 03 is here.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Line out from a receiver is still a line level signal. Your sound card should also be putting out a line out signal. Line out signals are not necessarily identical, but they are close in voltage. I would not expect you get much of a difference.

I am not sure what you mean about the Nutone not having an amp. If there are speakers wired to it, it has an amplifier.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks-

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE!!

here is what i did. out from my computer in on my pio 03 using dvdr1.(rca)

that gets me everything from itunes to internet radio on to my receiver.

zone 2 out from back surround speakers using a home made rca with banana plugs to my nutone. works great. i now have everything from my Pioneer 03 through out my house incl. outside over the deck and by the pool.

the only thing left is to update my outside speakers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bump...mercury, can you give me some more details on how you connected your receiver to your Nutone Intercom System? I'm trying to get a connection from my Onkyo TX SR502 receiver to my Nutone IM3303 using RCA cables. I can connect the aux input to my Time Warner Cable Box output and get a good signal to the Nutone. However I can't get a signal from the receiver to the Nutone. Thanks!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts