AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my first venture back into HT in almost 7 years and I was looking forward to it. I had a nice smaller B&W 600 series set up before and was looking forward to what I could put together. I had a self imposed limit of $1000 this time around and considering what I paid for my B&W I was afraid I was going to suffer a Huge setback.

Using these and other forums I have settled in on the following.

4 Polk RTi A1

1 Polk CSi A4

1 HSU STF-2

All of this was purchased for less than 1000 after shipping and taxes with enough left over for cables and a dinner.

I have not got it all hooked up and calibrated, but I am sure with my new Yamaha receiver and all of the new auto cal features, along with a little tweaking with my trusty Ratshack meter that it will sound almost as good as my 600's at less than 1/2 the price.

Thanks for all the help, I will drink a beer in your honor and will hang around and try and fend off that upgrade bug.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked up the A700, at newegg they had a $200 gift card when purchased so it made it $399 which is a great price and they are an authorized dealer I checked. We were going to buy a TV for my daughter so that is what I used the GC on.

So for a total of $1400 I feel I have a system that is heads above a beginner system probably bordering on darn good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.