AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung PX2370 connected to my computer via DVI and my Denon AVR590 (for XBOX and PS3 gaming) via HDMI. I have had a devil of a time with HDMI handshake issues, and believe it may be the monitor's fault. It could be the Denon, but I've already had it in the shop once, and the Denon people on this forum have not reported a rash of handshake issues with this receiver.

Therefore, I want to replace my monitor with something more reliable. I figured a monitor that is also a TV would be the way to go. This LG has two HDMI connections and a PCMIA slot for a cablecard, which is a bonus. I'm also considering a Samsung P2770HD, although that one only has one HDMI input. Also, my previous issues with the Samsung PX2370 have me a bit gun-shy of going with Samsung again.

I have found no good reviews of this product, and no threads on AVS Forum discussing it. Does anyone have any experience with this device? If so, what are your impressions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got this tv/monitor last night and chose it over the Samsung P2770HD because of all of the inputs. I'll report back later if I find any problems, but so far so good. I turned down the green quite a bit for better whites and of course the backlight (which was blazing out of the box). I need to fine tune the colors a little more, but connecting to my media center pc using DVI was a breeze and video, web and text look fantastic. The monitor just feels right with good build quality, a base that swivels AND tilts, and excellent menus. I could have just bought a large monitor, but the flexibility with every type of input and the design details in this TV/monitor hybrid are well thought out and the price was right.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am choosing between these two as well. Do you have a similar set-up to me, where you have a PC and a few game consoles to connect? I'm running my game consoles through a Denon receiver.

I'm very eager to hear your impressions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, I had a chance to tinker with settings and then watch video and game a bit last night. My first impression of the set stands. Great picture, attractive design (the bezel color stands out more in marketing pictures than it does in person), and nice menus. I did find one stuck pixel, but it is far from the center of the screen and once things are moving I can't even find it. I don't have SCART or PCMCIA inputs on my set. I believe the model sold in Asia has those inputs, not in the US. I've connected a pc with DVI and it is very bright and very clear. I connected a Xbox directly via hdmi and it is a bit less clear but the size of the screen makes games immersive. Don't know if there would be hdmi handshake issues with a receiver, but I doubt it in such a new set. Also, if you connect a pc using hdmi, try changing the input label setting for the hdmi input to PC as it seems to prepare the monitor to accept a pc signal rather than a generic video signal. I'm very happy with the tv/monitor so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts