AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm getting close to picking up a 55" LCD . The Toshiba 55G300U looks to be my first pick out of the two TVs (financially). Annnnybody have any impressions on this set? I can't find any reviews outside of reviews from housewives and random people that would find any HDTV amazing.

But, with Cyber Sunday, if I can find a good deal on a Samsung LN-55C630, I might jump on that if it. Another TV that I can't find any.info.whatsoever.

Anybody have any impressions? Especially on the Toshiba as I'm so close to hitting the "BUY" button, it's not funny.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I bought the Toshiba 55G300U about two months ago and I'm very happy with it. Can't calibrate it "perfect" but looks really good. Just upgraded the firmware but can't find out what it changes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback!!

Anyone else?

Also considering the Samsung LN52C530. Even though it would be a downgrade of 3 inches, I'm thinking since it's a Samsung, I could expect a much better picture?

·
Registered
885 Posts
I've been looking at the Toshiba 55UX600U as well. The only rating I could find was on Consumer Reports, which I take with a grain of salt. I doubt they go to the trouble of calibrating the sets. It rated near the bottom of the pack, just ahead of some Mitsubishi's, but still showed to have above average picture quality.

A couple of the Toshiba's have been reported to have 4:4:4 color on the HDMI input, which is somewhat rare and would be great for gaming or with a HTPC, but I have not found definitive anything on the 55UX600U yet.

Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.