AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33,776 Posts
Well with the video not downloadable and playable only in HD, it's really tough to draw conclusions.

We do know the bitrate is half that of the NX1 and is either using a different processor or a crippled version of the NX1's processor.

Also, lacking a VF, cropping the sensor and other compromises relative to the NX1, makes it not a serious consideration for me.

But yes, for those on a 'microbudget' this might be a nice cam.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Well with the video not downloadable and playable only in HD, it's really tough to draw conclusions.
The resolution is high enough for 99% of TVs and computer monitors out there, and the pattern on the shirt as well as closeups on the jeans show that there is no moire. So, at least it is better than any Canon (low-res, moire-fest) and Nikon (just low res).

"Me like many others, would have preferred having a good 2.5K camera rather then 4K cropped one." -- Totally agree with that.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
The resolution is high enough for 99% of TVs and computer monitors out there, and the pattern on the shirt as well as closeups on the jeans show that there is no moire. So, at least it is better than any Canon (low-res, moire-fest) and Nikon (just low res).

"Me like many others, would have preferred having a good 2.5K camera rather then 4K cropped one." -- Totally agree with that.

It is interesting that only GoPro offers 2.7K, and at 60 fps. So, it seems like any camera that can do UHD at 30 fps can do 2.7K at 60 fps. While we are used now to watching 30 fps from our 4K video, when you see 2.7K 60p on an HD screen you sense the smoother movement and the video looks as sharp (again, viewed in HD) as 4K.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts