AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody who loves horror movies has GOT to see IMPRINT from the Masters of Horror series. This is the show that was banned from Showtime.

Great torture scenes, other very graphic stuff, this is one disturbing dvd. For me, it was way better than Audition by the same director. You will love this or hate it, no inbetween. I know that I cant wait to watch it again, just gotta get my wife out of the room, she would freak out!.

Give it a try if you want to see some great horror scenes, even if the story is a little disjointed.

Has anyone seen any of the other dvds in the Masters of Horror series? If so, talk about them too, as I havent seen any. What do you recommend for people who like their horror graphic?

·
Registered
946 Posts
This is definitely one sick movie! I found it nearly impossible to watch a few of the torture scenes. This make Hostel seem like Mary Poppins.

I prefer Audition though.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
I thought Imprint was very much a companion to his segment of 3 Extremes- which I also really liked. At this point I guess I'm too desensitized- I didn't find it shocking. What I appreciated was the whole look of the piece, the mood and the surrealism.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I was a little disappointed last year with MoH, which I was really anticipating. It got off to a great start with Coscarelli's "Incident On and Off a Mountain Road", and to me they just went downhill from there. I've only seen one episode in S2, "We All Scream for Ice Cream". Terrible. I may or may not check out the rest on OnDemand.

Sorry to be a churl. I do want to see Imprint. I loved 3 Extremes.

OP: You should definitely want to rent "Incident On and Off a Mountain Road" (or catch it on OnDemand). I thought it was really frightening.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
I also really liked Larry Cohen's Pick Me Up- it's a fun idea and Micheal Moriarty gives the best performance in the series by a great margin. It's really the classic B movie guys that brought the A game to the show- Cohen, Coscarelli and Carpenter. The rest range from average to mediocre. Although I did think Lucky Mckee's Sick Girl was pretty decent as well- who knew Misty Mundae could act??

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
yankeeman...there is a huge thread about MoH I found in the HDTV forum:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=596788&page=1

BTW, I looked it up because I just watched the latest episode "Washingtonians". I wrote before that I was somewhat disappointed in the series, but this one is among my favorites due to pure audacity. And it has a great payoff at the end. You can almost hear the makers laughing in the background. Sick, funny, great episode.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KEVIN8192 - thanks for the thread, i am gonna go check it out!

Especially since i own one other, and have ordered 4 more from Amazon. Dont remember which ones they are, but they are the ones that the Amazon raters thought were the best.

·
23,039 Posts
I thought you guys knew about the HDTV thread. The only reason I left this thread open and not pointing to the HDTV forum was because it was talking about the DVDs and maybe PQ etc.

I'm going to close this thread since there doesn't seem to be need for it now.

larry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.