AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to install the Alpine 9887 in my 2009 F150 regular cab. Also running a set of JL C5 components in the doors and 1 10w3v3 all powered by a JL G4500 amp. Question is, should I spend the $50 on "renting" the Imprint program from Crutchfield to "tune" the system or should I spend the $50 on a Clarion 1/2 din 7 band EQ?? Advice and suggestions please!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I set up the Imprint in my brothers standard cab Chevy. factory headunit.

Love the sound. No other tuning needed. drivers seat is the sweet spot. Upfront bass, great imaging, Gives a very good sounding "tune" with out needing the hours and equipment to get the same end result.

A pain in the ass to set up. Manual is confusing as hell. Of course I set up the H650 and not the add on for the head units.

Am sure the Clarion will do a nice job of just eq. Not sure if it does T/A or not.

Again, my opinion and experience. Your results may vary.

·
Registered
118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno /forum/post/18237160

I set up the Imprint in my brothers standard cab Chevy. factory headunit.

Can you share some details on the process for using IMPRINT with a non Alpine unit?

I'm considering the Kenwood DNX-9140 / 9960 or the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT and wonder if I can use and save optimize profile. If not then it appears the Alpine INA-W900 is a good unit given the ability to run and save IMPRINT to the unit.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
define details...

·
Registered
118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno /forum/post/18405093

define details...

I'm looking for details on the process to use IMPRINT with a non- Alpine unit.

As I understand the process is: 1) Setup the the equipment including pluging the the KTX-100EQ into the head unit (HU). 2) Run the program that first causes the HU to run test tones at each seat location. 3) The results of the program running is a "current profile" analysis of the vechicle environment. 4) Then the program creates a "optimized profile". 5) Then the program saves this "optimized profile" to the HU which basically changes the timing, parametric EQ, and levels for each speaker to provide "optimized profile" for future selection during normal listening.

Step 5 is where I get confused. How do you get the "optimized profile" back into the non-Alpine HU? What is the process to use the information that is obtain from running the program?....Details?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Well, we used the H650 which is a stand alone unit. Now its the H660. All settings are stored on the unit. It has a remote (wireless infrared. You set head volume at 3/4 iirc and leave it. Then you use the imprint . NOW....

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-DJaYLEx...-PXE-H650.html

That being said that was for a factory head while eqing out the factory eq. Using an aftermarket headunit, you utilize the rca inputs and run it through the setup you posted. The "settings" are saved on the H650 and you still utilize the remote as you can have 2 profiles. I did Drivers seat and 2 seat. Just emember the Imprint modules that are specific Alpine break out boxes, will NOT work with other head units.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500PXAH...or.html?tp=428

·
Registered
118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno /forum/post/18406886

Well, we used the H650 which is a stand alone unit. Now its the H660. All settings are stored on the unit. It has a remote (wireless infrared. You set head volume at 3/4 iirc and leave it. Then you use the imprint . NOW....

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-DJaYLEx...-PXE-H650.html

That being said that was for a factory head while eqing out the factory eq. Using an aftermarket headunit, you utilize the rca inputs and run it through the setup you posted. The "settings" are saved on the H650 and you still utilize the remote as you can have 2 profiles. I did Drivers seat and 2 seat. Just emember the Imprint modules that are specific Alpine break out boxes, will NOT work with other head units.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500PXAH...or.html?tp=428

Thanks!

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
can't comment on installing other manufacturer's hu's with it, but i will say that it's well worth the 50 bucks to use it...

i use it in both my cars, and the ease of use/great results is really nice...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts