AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a few very simple changes that I'd love to see Youtube TV implement:

1. Add some useful info to all that white space in the channel guide.
- an indicator to show if the channel is in your library.
- an indicator on TV shows as to whether it is a re-run or new show.
- some descriptive text about the content of the show. Is it a football game or a tennis match? If a TV series - how about something to describe the show? Series # / Episode #

2. The shade-out when starting a show is dang frustrating. It often makes it hard to see the initial few seconds of the show or game. Particularly frustrating when backing up to see a replay of something in a sports event.

These suggestions would not require much programming effort (I speak as a 40 year veteran of the programming profession). Yet they would make Youtube TV a much better solution for EVERYONE.

I cannot fathom why anyone would object to these proposed changes. And I sincerely hope the folks at Youtube TV pay attention to this - their premiere user forum.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Program guides are always a trade-off between information and clutter; YTTV seems to swing very hard to the "simple" end of the spectrum.

You can get rid of the shading immediately by pushing the back (left arrow) button -- this is also useful when pausing.

You might get more response on the main YTTV forum ( Youtube TV streaming service )

·
Registered
5,638 Posts
It's worth noting YouTube TV was originally designed for mobile use only (or casting). The settop box interface was probably a rushed design, timed to the Roku app launch in Feb. 2018. The basic structure, based on the PC interface, is still the original, which has been copied and pasted for every other platform (FTV, ATV, game consoles, etc.) with only minor enhancements (added features) over the past two+ years. And of course still no 5.1 (as once promised).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts