Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-

As I prepare to make my move from crappy cable to Dish Network I am focusing on the new HDTV sets coming out this fall. I have a lot of ambient light in my house so getting an RPTV is a concern. Still, I am wondering if the newer HD sets (with the various technologies) will have improved brightness over the current ones.

Also, since within a certain brand/model family the guts are the same, would getting a 40-something inch offer better brightness than a 50-something inch screen? How about the LCOS versus standard CRTs.

For brightness reference, I am interested in the 34" Sony and the 38" RCA 16:9 TVs, but would prefer a screen size between 45" and 55". I like the idea of getting a Mits because of the "promise", but people seem to be talking quite a bit about the now Toshibas and RCAs.

How bright is bright when people complain about RPTVs?

Thanks for the help!

------------------

After 6 years I am getting ready to upgrade my HT. Research now, purchase in the summer... er, uh, September... grrr...lagging upgrades...

- Rear Channels in...

...now waiting for DPL II

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I read that the new Mits sets have a contrast ratio of 35:1 in a bright room (250 lumens). Should I start comparing that stat as I shop for a TV? I thought that the new lenticular screen would offer better performance.

What about the other screen technologies?

Thanks,

------------------

After 6 years I am getting ready to upgrade my HT. Research now, purchase in the summer... er, uh, September... grrr...lagging upgrades...

- Rear Channels in...

...now waiting for DPL II

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.