AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Davis 450 clone running on AIW Radeon, and a homemade screen (bedsheet to be exact). Picture is okay, and black level is very good (I guess I'm getting the microperf effect)! But at times, I notice and see the screen material texture which can be annoying! I'd also really like a brighter picture.

Pixel structure is something I just can't stand, so I defocus at the expense of sharpness. Full 4:3 DVD images are georgeous, but 16:9 is disappointing in comparison!

One of three options will be available to me sometime in the future.

1. Da-Lite screen (Video Spectra or High Power)

2. IMX Lens (The new one)

3. Panamorph

Question is, which one of the three would provide the most dramatic or the best picture improvement? Also, if I were to go with the Panamorph, with there be any use for the IMX Lens? Can the two even be used together? All opinions welcome! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Cutman, at least between the Panamorph and IMX, the Panamorph does reduce the pixel visibility a bit besides creating a far better image from anamorphic DVDs. For those two options I recommend the Panamorph first to see if you need the IMX. They generally work together, if necessary, as long as your throw distance is greater than 1.85 screen width.

------------------

Shawn Kelly

Cygnus Imaging
www.cgns.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.