AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using the Mits 65" High Def with Mits HD receiver. For those times that I am not in control of the remote and cannot view beloved HD stations, is there something I can do to improve the pic quality? I remember reading a couple of threads that referenced line doublers for Mits RP sets. Anyone have any thoughts or comments?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
You can try calibrating with Video Essential or AVIA and if the picture is still not good enough then it is time for an external line doubler.

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
If you're using S-video to view analog sources you might try composite. In my case, using a cable box, S-video gets worse as you tune lower analog channels (below 80). That's because a rather cheap S-video filter in the cable box comes into play. There's bad dot crawl and overall noise. The higher digital channels, already separated into luminance and chroma, are fine in S-video (wouldn't apply to OTA NTSC). With a composite (or RF) cable box output, my set's digital comb filter is employed and the bad video vanishes. In some cases I endure the noise and dot crawl of analog-sourced S-video to benefit from the better contrast. -- John

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Juan,

Sorry for the delayed response. Can you educate me on what Video Essential or AVIA are?? Also, the HD content comes in very well. I am very pleased with this. I am in a terrible location to get OTA signals so all the content is via DirecTV. Any advice is appreciated.

Jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Look at the Zenith 1080 STB. There are a few great threads to follow here.

Many of us have this issue with Mitsubishi RPTVs. Lots of people have implemented various work arounds, but the Zenith STB looks like the best option. I am going to buy one ($800) eventhough I do not use DirecTV. This STB will up-convert all signals to 1080i and offers a much improved mode to fit 4:3 of a 16:9 screen.

Look for the threads!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.