AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of all the channels I receive via HD, NBC is the weakest. During prime time broadcast, I generally get a drop out free view. But twice last week, I recorded Leno and it was unviewable.

I don't know what is causing NBC to be so weak late at night, but is there something I can add to my Radio Shack antenna in the attic to truly boost the signal?

Mike

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thanks for the suggestion but I live on the top of a 1000 foot high hill with biblical wind storms. An outdoor antenna would last less than a week.

As per my post, I am looking for advice on adding something to boost my antenna's power.

I have a cheapo Radio Shack booster that actually causes the NBC channel not to work at all.

Mike

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
All pre-amps are of limited value for improving reception. They cannont compensate for inadaquate antennas or poor installations. If you can't get it out of the attic and your cable lead is as short and well made as possible, you need a higher gain antenna.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Make sure you have a very good antenna, and try a Winegard preamp if needed, and not too close to any NH stations. If that doesn't work mount outside. For the wind just mount your antenna to a chimney or with a side eave mount using a short mast.

I have both a tower and an attic antenna in Lexington MA. The tower is needed to get NH stations, so I assume you would need something outside to get Boston stations.

Mostly depends how far up in NH you are and how high up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.