AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally took a walk around my neighborhood armed with a portable AM radio with a directional antenna tuned to an unused frequency intent upon locating the offending source of RFI that has been wiping out my VHF analog and digital TV reception for a couple of weeks.

With the help of General Manager John Ernst of nearby Park Ave. BBQ and Grille, which is bathed in green neon lights 24 hours a day, I was able to isolated the source of the interference: arcing insolators on one or more neon tubes. John temporarily turned off both the green neon borders along the roof eaves and the Park Ave. BBQ and Grille sign at the parking lot entrance. Interference to the AM radio and my TV ceased. Upon turning the border neon back on the interference returned with a vengence.

John gave me a number to the Park Ave. BBQ and Grille world headquarters where I contacted the owner, Dean, who said he'd notify the sign maintenance contractor resposible for the signs about the problem. Wish me luck.

------------------

HiDefDave

STOP HDCP!

[This message has been edited by Dave McRoy (edited 04-11-2001).]

·
Registered
801 Posts
GREAT detective work there. Florida Flicker and Flash is now off the hook, I'm sure it's easier to work with the store owner than it is to get the power company out.

Bob Smith

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.