AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I beg you, please cut me some slack as I am already familiar with some of the limitations of in-ceiling speakers (infinite baffle limitations, drywall reverb, directionality issues, etc).

I have been pretty fortunate in terms of WAF in the video portion of my HT setup (NEC50MP2, NFREN LCD TV Monitor, Kenwood Sovereign VR5900, Entre and 403 DVD disc changer, Mits SR5 HDDTV STB,whole house A/V distribution,etc.) but as a concession to the "boss" I need advice on the best in-ceiling speakers for the right and left fronts and surrounds. I'm considering the smaller SVS sub to help out in the bottom end(most of my HT/Audio listening is not high volume level). Any suggestions on other subs to round out the bottom end? (I don't need to shake the rafters!) In addition, I will be setting up in-ceilings in 6 different zones around the house. Has anyone actually had experience with the SpeakerCraft AIMS or CRS, RBH aluminum, Niles Audio,Cambridge, and on the lower end. . .BIC Muro and Audiosource in-ceiling speakers? Also, can dual tweeter in-ceiling speakers (meant for "stereo" sound from a single speaker) be wired to give a pseudo dipole effect if one dual tweeter speaker is used for each of the right and left surrounds? HT/multipurpose sunken family room is 12x15 ft but opens up on the rear corner into a high ceilinged (almost two stories)living room so that wall mount surrounds are not practical in the HT/family room. Soffit where the ceiling speakers would be placed in the HT/family room are approximately 8 ft high. Constructive suggestions and reviews based on actual experience would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your advice.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.