AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy 2 pairs of in-ceiling speakers. Both of these sets should be 6.5" speakers due to the fact I already have pre-construction brackets in place.

The first set will be the rears for my 5.1 setup. The setup will include a Sony 3600ES receiver, a BIC America V-1220 12-Inch sub, Pinnacle K80 in-wall fronts with a Pinnacle KLCR 3-Element center. Pinnacle makes 6.5" ceiling speakers which was my original plan but for financial reasons I am looking to cut a little cost of the ceiling speakers buy sticking them on my amazon card until my xmas bonus arrives. I would give you a pinnacle link but this is only post #2 sorry.

The second set is for above the bar and will be used 100% for music. It would be easy to just get two pairs of the same speaker but since these are purely for music I would consider spending a bit more if needed.

I would say the budget for the 5.1 rears should be around $100 and the bar speakers could go up to $200.

Sifting through amazon I came up with Polk Audio RC60i as an option. The price is nice at under $100 per pair.

Thanks for any help guys... this is my first HT build and I am hooked.

Cheers

·
Registered
335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthygoat /forum/post/19568949

I am looking to buy 2 pairs of in-ceiling speakers. Both of these sets should be 6.5" speakers due to the fact I already have pre-construction brackets in place.

The first set will be the rears for my 5.1 setup. The setup will include a Sony 3600ES receiver, a BIC America V-1220 12-Inch sub, Pinnacle K80 in-wall fronts with a Pinnacle KLCR 3-Element center. Pinnacle makes 6.5" ceiling speakers which was my original plan but for financial reasons I am looking to cut a little cost of the ceiling speakers buy sticking them on my amazon card until my xmas bonus arrives. I would give you a pinnacle link but this is only post #2 sorry.

The second set is for above are curiousthe bar and will be used 100% for music. It would be easy to just get two pairs of the same speaker but since these are purely for music I would consider spending a bit more if needed.

I would say the budget for the 5.1 rears should be around $100 and the bar speakers could go up to $200.

Sifting through amazon I came up with Polk Audio RC60i as an option. The price is nice at under $100 per pair.

Thanks for any help guys... this is my first HT build and I am hooked.

Cheers

I bought the Polk RC60i pair off Amazon for my rear surrounds in my 5.1 setup. I have not installed them yet, but they are well reviewed as inexpensive surround speakers. They are not as good with music, from what I've read. A lot of people say they lack bass. Also, the Polk speakers mount by themselves without the need for brackets. That might cause you an installation issue if you already have hardware in place.

·
Registered
252 Posts
For your budget, you can't really place a lot of demands on the speakers as far as quality and sound. However the Polk speakers are a great speaker for the money - I install a LOT of them and never have any complaints.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts