AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi Forum members I have lurked over the years but finally actually could afford a project of my own.

We just installed a 5.1 system in the downstairs family room with Klipsch 5800 speakers and a Denon 4000 AV receiver.  Unfortunately there is a decent amount of voice and music that gets carried upstairs where our masterbedroom is above the family room.  Most of the time this will not be a problem but occasionally my other half goes to bed earlier than me which gives me a chance to increase the volume and watch Action Movies.  The front 3 channel speakers are below our master bathroom so that doesnt seem to be as big on an issue but the two rear surround speakers are right below our master bed. 

What products could i use in the ceiling space to reduce the noise upstairs?

Bathroom upstairs is hard wood and bedroom floor is carpet.

Does anybody have first hand experience solving this problem?

Thanks in advance,

jds

·
Registered
588 Posts
If you don't want to make bigger holes in your ceiling to build and install your own speaker back boxes, there is a flexible backer box that works very well. Basically you can collapse the rubber like box and insert it through the ceiling cut out and reshape it in the ceiling. The product is by dynamat and is called DynaBook. You can find it on amazon.

I use them on my in ceiling center speakers. Although you should make sure the sound is coming from the speakers in the floor and not from sound traveling up the stairs. Good luck

Reactions: sheshechic
1 - 2 of 2 Posts