AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any recommendations you may have on some in-ceiling speakers for surround duty that will be a good match for my Infinity Primus P363/PC351 system in the front and a Boston 12in sub.

The original owner of my home had some On-Q/Legrand MS1650 evoQ (6.5in two-way) speakers already installed and I'm planning on just pulling those down and putting something new in its place. The evoQ's work but they are nothing very special -- the manufacturer says these are budget-oriented and I definitely agree.

Ideally the tweeter would be pivotable/positionable and perhaps even the whole speaker... but not looking to spend TIME money on this.
I would consider expanding the holes to fit a larger speaker but I'm already a bit overcompensated on the bass front so it would take a little convincing first.

The room layout is not very accommodating for a bookshelf on a stand or a wall-mounted option, otherwise I would just get a P163 set and be done with it.

I know a lot of people have the Primus fronts and I know I'm not the only one with in-ceiling surrounds... so what do you have and how do you like it??

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I called Infinity and their level 2 tech support suggested the Infinity ERS110 which utilizes the same (or a very similar) MMD technology used in the Primus set in a ceiling-mounted configuration. Supposedly this is a pretty good match for the P363.

There's also the CS60R but it has a poly laminate/rubber woofer and, while it would work, it might not match as well.

Still appreciate any comments from the peanut gallery. I can't be the only one running in-ceiling speakers for surrounds along with this Primus set!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.