AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a little worried here, as I have no idea what is going on with my plasma. I have a Th 50px600u which I purchased brand new from a friend in December. I take VERY good care of this set, it's my baby, so this issue cannot be from abuse or misuse. Today, out of nowhere, it just shut off on its own. I heard a click when it went off out of nowhere, then about 10-20secs later, I heard another click, but the TV did not come back on. I left it off for a short while, then turned it back on, and things seemed fine. I threw in Batman Begins, and a little more then halfway through the movie, the set right now just shut off again, and did the clicks.

Does anyone have ANY idea of what might be going on with this thing? I am dreading the fact that there might be something catastrophically wrong, as I always fear the worst. Is it overheating?

-Markus-

·
Premium Member
18,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechArt Dreamer /forum/post/14249973

Getting a little worried here, as I have no idea what is going on with my plasma. I have a Th 50px600u which I purchased brand new from a friend in December. I take VERY good care of this set, it's my baby, so this issue cannot be from abuse or misuse. Today, out of nowhere, it just shut off on its own. I heard a click when it went off out of nowhere, then about 10-20secs later, I heard another click, but the TV did not come back on. I left it off for a short while, then turned it back on, and things seemed fine. I threw in Batman Begins, and a little more then halfway through the movie, the set right now just shut off again, and did the clicks.

Does anyone have ANY idea of what might be going on with this thing? I am dreading the fact that there might be something catastrophically wrong, as I always fear the worst. Is it overheating?

Some component inside the TV has failed. The front LED should be blinking - count the number of times the LED goes off - that number will help identify the part that needs to be replaced. Do all the rear fans work?

Is it still under the factory warranty? Is your friend a Panasonic dealer? If you're the original purchaser it will have a one year warranty. If your friend was the original purchaser and you bought it from him in a private party sale then the warranty is void. If so, take it back to his house and have him get it fixed under warranty for you

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The power LED on the front of the TV is not blinking at all. I checked all of the fans to make sure everything was running properly and moving air, and they are.

Could the problem be that I have it powered up through a power strip? I put a volt meter to check to see if there was any voltage drop, and it stays pretty constant, nothing drastic. I thought it might have been due to a lot of stuff being powered up at my house at one particular time, then both our AC units kicking on.

This is stressing me out haha. I can't afford to fix this thing right now if it is a high dollar problem. With a trip to London about a week away, the funds will be oh so low when I get back.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

-Markus-

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechArt Dreamer /forum/post/14257227

The power LED on the front of the TV is not blinking at all. I checked all of the fans to make sure everything was running properly and moving air, and they are.

Could the problem be that I have it powered up through a power strip? I put a volt meter to check to see if there was any voltage drop, and it stays pretty constant, nothing drastic. I thought it might have been due to a lot of stuff being powered up at my house at one particular time, then both our AC units kicking on.

This is stressing me out haha. I can't afford to fix this thing right now if it is a high dollar problem. With a trip to London about a week away, the funds will be oh so low when I get back.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

-Markus-

Did you check the rear plug going into the panel? At time these can start to come out a bit. Other than that I'm sorry to say it sounds like your Power Board, if so it's going to cost you at least a couple Hundred.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that is definitely not what I wanted to hear ha. The TV has been off and not turned on for a day or two, as I wanted to search around the net to see if this was a known issue, or at least get a ballpark idea of what it could be.

I'll turn it on tomorrow and see what happens. If it goes off again, I'll be calling someone on Monday to come have a look at it I guess. Not sure what other options I have ha.

-Markus-

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontall /forum/post/14266117

How hot is it in your house? You may be over-heating it.

It's not overly hot in my house, but my room specifically, it can get quite warm. With my video editing computer running, my MBP, and the xbox, it can be sweltering in there.

-Markus-

·
Premium Member
18,307 Posts
It's possible that the connector that connects the power cord connector to power supply board has somehow become disconnected inside the rear casing.

·
Registered
356 Posts
You never answered RandyWalters post. If you just bought it in December, then you shouldn't worry since it will be covered under warranty. Unless it was a black market type deal. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts