AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My earphones broke this morning, so I'm now in the market. I'm looking to spend around $50 or less. Do you guys recommend In-ears or Circumaural for best sound quality? Also, I'll be using these earphones while I exercise and do yard work, as well as just sitting down and listening to music through my Ipod, does this affect your recommendations? Last, for what ever style you recommend, please recommend the best choice? Coscto has a deal on a pair of Phillips in-ear. You get two pairs of Phillips SHE9000's for $23.99. The earphones that broke were phillips that I have had for years and have been very happy with. They are not audiophile, but they sounded good. Costco also has a pair of Logitech Ultimate Ear 350vm's for $47.99 Please help.

·
Registered
686 Posts
If you going to exercise, you need portability. Personally, i prefer open to closed headphones, seems to be more airy and have bigger soundstage. Closed tends to have better isolation and perhaps more bass.

My favorite headphones are koss ksc75 which are $15-20. Sound decent, not the best, but are the most comfortable headphones I have tried. I haven't tried running in these though, but I think they would stay on.

Panasonic rph-tf600 are good too for around $40, great bass, i prefer these over the koss ksc75 with music, but too big for portability. These are actually closed headphones, but they have some vents which helps some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts