AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was all set to buy the Panasonic L300u after reading the reviews on this Board and elsewhere. I live in Atlanta and today went to the Atlanta Home Show. One of the home theater booth people told me they tried out the L300 U for their store and decided not to carry it. They said it was the picture quality compared to the DLPs, like the 110. It could be their profit was more...I just don't know. But I can get the In Focus 110 for about $3000, about $1000 more than the panny. The Panny has better resolution, and in theory should scale better to HD. But the DLP would do better black levels in theory. The 110 does not have the mustang chip - at least I don't think. Can anyone give me a comparison?? The guy also said that the screen door effect is present in the L300u, but that contradicts what I have seen for the most part on this board.

Can anyone help??

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I just read that one. But I'm not interested in the X1. I guess my question is Epson TW100 or 110 for about $3000 or Panny for 1900?

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have seen both of these projectors.I really like both of them.I did not see much of the screen door on the panny.But I did not see any on the 110.I like the black level on the panny a little better than the 110.We watched lord of the rings on both of them and you could not make out much in the dark area on the 110.I dont think that they had it set up correctly or atleast very good.I think that they were both out of the box.I am going to buy a 300 u instead of the 110.But thats my two cents.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I was hoping that was the case. And if the Panny is the same or better, or even if the 110 is slightly better, it doesn't justify $1000 more - it sounds like to you it's not $1000 better.

·
Registered
97 Posts
even if 110 was slightly better.. low-end DLP = rainbows :(

I have a lot of people over.. and it would suck if some of them couldn't watch :(

·
Registered
353 Posts
No its not a grand better (to me).But if you get the chance to check one out you should do so.The 110 is no piece of junk mind you.If it was around $1500.00 or even the same price as the panny,then it would be on!I just could not help thinking that they need to tweak the settings on the 110 to get a brighter picture.They said they had just done that,well not by me they hadn't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.