AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read about the surfing movie "In God's Hands" on an earlier thread about Blue Crush. I recieved my copy from Netflix yesterday and watched it. My adreniline is still pumping. This movie has some of the best big wave surfing footage I have ever seen. Two thumbs up. Great movie. Even a few zen references. Thanks for the recommendation .

Mark

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you're looking for a more zen surf experience, check out Jack Johnson's "September Sessions". To me, it has an "Endless Summer" feel to it. It's a real laid back film and the sountrack is just perfect for it as well.

Although filmed with 16mm and shown 4:3, this is a surfer's surf movie.

Netflix doesn't have it but I found my copy at Walmart in the music video section of all places.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Off to look for it.....somewhere.

Mark

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I rented In God's Hands about two years ago and the sound quality of this movie was incredible. You better have a killer sub to handle it because the bass is deep and continuous during the surfing scenes. In fact, if I remember correctly, there is a warning at the beginning of the movie about the aggressive sound track. Funny, but this movie is what made me go out and upgrade my sub to an M&K MX5000THX sub. Glad I saw it because my bass is all the better for it.

I forgot the name of this movie, but am glad that someone brought it up again. I need to buy this for the collection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.