AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This last weekend the wife and I were out shopping and we happened in the bose store (not my idea) Anyway, after a quick preview (SHE) fell in love with the lifestyle 38 system. Why? Well she like the idea that she only had to turn on one unit to do almost everything. DVD movies..Music etc. I tried to explain to her the price and what could be done with that kind of money. She promptly told me "Yea, then I can't figure it all out"

She had me there. She will not use our current (and dated) system. To watch a movie she has to turn on the A/V reciever..The DVD player...the tv etc etc etc

Anyway, I just bought a PS3 to use as my new blu ray player. I started messing around and used the media server for music etc.

My question, where do I look to set up something PC based...Simple and easy to use (for her)

We are looking at getting new audio and video for the newly remodled basement. I want it to be something she will use with her gal friends. She like the idea of the lifestyle music onboard type feature.

Ya gotta help me guys. She was ready to write the check for the lifestyle 38. I gotta be able to do better for the same price or less. An, make it user girl friendly.

Any advice on where to start will be great

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The remote is the easy part, well sort of. I want a all in one like the Bose lifestyle 38 but maybe PC based or using the PS3 .

I like the idea of gettin my music of the PC and maybe home movies etc. Do away with the Disc??

Total newb in this area

1 - 3 of 3 Posts