AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first avi movie file I played all the way to end with no problem. I listened to some mp3 and viewed some jpg files ok. Half way through the second avi movie file I missed some plot, so I pressed the pause button, and with pause in effect I tried to back up a bit (REV

·
Registered
389 Posts
There was an early issue with using larger drives for updates, I know it was resolved, but not sure wha thte revision number fo the fix is. As far you your issue, I'd try just restarting the movie, and then using fast forward, than forward skip to get close, and pick it up there. If you are saying it won't play at all, do a reset, and then try.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am pretty sure I did try and found no movement whatsoever. Its not just with any one item. Its a paperweight.

I have recently read it can take up to several minutes to do a survey of all things, but i'm not sure if its a one time, or everytime thing, and it wasn't long before I could watch, or do anything before.

BTW

Its getting late, but as far as reset procedure goes, what do I need to do? Power on/off, HDD connected/ not connected, and HDD (Dock) power on/off? Actually according to the pdf manual it gives two ways of "reset": system reset through the GUI menu, or use a paperclip (for ten seconds. Are they the same?

I would hope/think that at least my firmware revision is up to the task of upgrading with this 500GB HDD. The file (I think its a zip file) is like 12MB. I have a 128MB thumb drive I could use. Its gonna be a 5 minute job, ok?

I was gonna do a firmware up soon, but thought I'd see if I'd found a problem first, or if I caused it.

Maybe i'll try a small media file in the thumb drive while I'm at it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts