AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a commitment to three replay 2000 owners, I would assist them update the eproms in their outdated recorders so they can function again with current software. Seemed simple enough to do. All I needed was a copy of the current eprom file contained in that version recorder. I had a willing source for that file but unfortunately it didn't work out.

I wish to elicit a request to any replay 20XX owner running current software to please assist me in making a copy of that eprom image. All that is required is removal of the socketed eprom chip and connecting it to my EPROM+ programmer. I feel confident no harm will come to your recorder and the replay community will gain by increased economical maintainability to replay recorders.

For logistical sake a recorder in the southeastern Massachusetts area would be ideal. As this may not be realistic; please don't hesitate to contact me if willing wherever you are located.

I need possession of chip #13 for a mere minute, which will prolong legacy recorders potentially for years.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John Silver has agreed to help me. Thank you David and thank you John! I'm extremely anxious to get the current eprom program into an "outdated software" 2000 as well as a "fail to boot" 2000's. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.