AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to revamp my home theatre system. Last fall I picked up a Denon AVR-S900W to upgrade from my old Harman Kardon AVR254. The speakers I have currently I put together when something was on sale throughout university. I live in Canada so my local options are pretty much limited to Best Buy & Futureshop. I primarily want to upgrade as the F1's have very little in terms of low end, especially noticed when listening to music. The setup is mostly used for watching movies.

Current Setup:
Klipsch Synergy F1's
Infinity Primus PC251 (Center)
Boston Acoustics PS23 II (Surrounds)
Polk PSW108 (Sub)

I'm fine with the performance of the BA surrounds but would like to replace the front speakers and sub. I was looking at Klipsch R28F's (waiting for a sale at Best Buy) or Polk TSX550's for the towers then a matching centre. For the sub, Futureshop has a Definitive Technology DT-Powerfield 310 on for $349 CDN (which still seems overpriced). Truly I don't know where to begin. Budget is $900 for Towers, $300 for Centre, $300-$400 for sub. Any help or guidance is much appreciated!

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
I am looking to revamp my home theatre system. Last fall I picked up a Denon AVR-S900W to upgrade from my old Harman Kardon AVR254. The speakers I have currently I put together when something was on sale throughout university. I live in Canada so my local options are pretty much limited to Best Buy & Futureshop. I primarily want to upgrade as the F1's have very little in terms of low end, especially noticed when listening to music. The setup is mostly used for watching movies.

Current Setup:
Klipsch Synergy F1's
Polk PSW108 (Sub)

I'm fine with the performance of the BA surrounds but would like to replace the front speakers and sub. I was looking at Klipsch R28F's (waiting for a sale at Best Buy) or Polk TSX550's for the towers then a matching centre. For the sub, Futureshop has a Definitive Technology DT-Powerfield 310 on for $349 CDN (which still seems overpriced). Truly I don't know where to begin. Budget is $900 for Towers, $300 for Centre, $300-$400 for sub. Any help or guidance is much appreciated!
Since the budget is kind of tight, I'd look to getting something like the RB61IIs or RB600 if they are available then up the sub budget with the difference.

SVS is available in Canada. PSA, Reaction Audio and Rythmik all ship to Canada. Not sure about HSU. But SVS is the safest choice since they have a local distributor.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts

Current Setup:
Klipsch Synergy F1's
Polk PSW108 (Sub)

I would definitely do something about matching the front three.

Here is a link to Primus speakers at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/192-4443787-0697550?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Primus+speaker

BTW, how big is your space.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would definitely do something about matching the front three.

Here is a link to Primus speakers at Amazon:

BTW, how big is your space.
It's a open concept apartment so quite large, 23' L by 15' W. Unfortunately Amazon only has one tower speaker available for the Primus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts