AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been able to hook up my psp to my PS3 in remote play. I want to use it as a remote control since I have ripped all my CDs on it. I want to use it as a music server without having to turn on my TV just to see the music functions is there a way to do this under remote play? If not Sony should add this feature - would be really cool and convenient.

·
Registered
139 Posts
From what I've experienced remote play will only send the content to your PSP. The PS3 will just sit there and host the connection.

So if you have tons of music on the PS3 and for some reason want to listen to it on your PSP then you can fire up the TV, Fire up the PSP, tell the PS3 to go to remote play mode, tell the PSP to go into remote play mode, connect and then turn the TV back off and listen to stuff on your PSP.

After about 5 minutes I pretty much said:"that's it?!" and I was done with remote play.

Now *IF* I could put the PS3 into remote play mode using the PSP then it would come in handy. Because then there would be times when the TV is being used for something else but I may want to get to some content on the PS3 without disturbing what's already going, I would be able to.

But for right now. I don't see the reason not to just put the content on a memory stick and pop it into the PSP if that's where I want to see it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensph /forum/post/0

This is something I really wanted to work - no point in burning my DLP's bulb for no good reason - also it'd be great to be able to select music from another room.

However, I tried it and it didn't seem to work . The audio out no longer worked.

I'm still confused though why the original post claimed that audio did work...

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
For what its worth this all comes back to not having to turn on your display device to use the PS3, I'm in the same boat with a projector.

Question: Can you START a remote play session from the PSP:

In other words, you turn on the PS3....but not your display. The PS3 is on, sitting there, warming up your room.

You turn on the PSP, you choose Remote Connection...can you then connect directly to the PS3 and control it, via the PSP? Or no...do you need to initiate the remote play connection FROM the ps3, which means turning on the display, navigating through the menu to launch the remote connection, etc.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch /forum/post/0

For what its worth this all comes back to not having to turn on your display device to use the PS3, I'm in the same boat with a projector.

Question: Can you START a remote play session from the PSP:

In other words, you turn on the PS3....but not your display. The PS3 is on, sitting there, warming up your room.

You turn on the PSP, you choose Remote Connection...can you then connect directly to the PS3 and control it, via the PSP? Or no...do you need to initiate the remote play connection FROM the ps3, which means turning on the display, navigating through the menu to launch the remote connection, etc.

The PSP uses the PS3 as a server that's all it does at this point. So the PSP can get content from the PS3 but nothing else.

·
Registered
122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch /forum/post/0

Question: Can you START a remote play session from the PSP...?

No. You first need to tell the PS3 to start remote play. However it's pretty easy to do with the TV off - it's easy to memorize - though you still need a PS3 controller to do it.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
here's my question

In March they plan to come out with the function to remote play from any wi fi hot spot an where in the world.

Do I need to turn on my PS3 and set it to remote play and leave it on before leaving my house?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxylplekk /forum/post/14789511

is it still not possible to control the PS3 with a PSP? I don't want to hear music on the PSP, I want the PS3 to send it out as it normally would.

you go to remote play and select something like audio output and set it to PS3.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Remote play is sweet! The sole reason why I bought my PSP. It is so slick when you are having people over and can control all of the music on your stereo wirelessly with the PSP in your pocket.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.