Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!

Prices on DVD-Rs seem to have gone up about 50%, and I'm running low... anyone know where to get cheapo DVD-Rs that work with a Panny E30?

I was getting Princos from AtDiscount for 60cents/disc, but they're up to 93cents now.:(

Anyone seen better?

Thanks,

AmoebaMan

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
I hear ya, I got in on the .59 deal with the Princo's and since that deal is over, they jacked the price up .25+ now, I have about 50 left and cannot find a similar deal anywhere. Anyone know of a great deal?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
81 Posts
You might try www.shop4tech.com ; I've ordered there a couple of times, but I don't know what their current prices are.

Brad

·
Registered
24 Posts
Since you are in Seattle, check out your local PC Club stores, they should have a special for a 50 DVD-R spindle for $39.99. You can pick them up and save $ on shipping. These DVD-R are made by Leaddata, not the best I know. But I've burn over a 100 discs at 2x on my Pioneer DVR-105 without a single coaster. They play on both my Pioneer DV-F727 and Panasonic CP-72 without any problems. Good luck!

http://www.pcclub.com/product_detail...temno=A3458849

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I've ordered Princos from www.rima.com the last two times. The price has gone up a little bit, but they are still among the cheapest, especially after you include shipping.

The Princos work great in my Panasonic CP72, Xbox and PC. Not so perfect in my Sony DAV-S500 (HTIB). It just seems to be more sensitive to dust, fingerprints, etc. on the dvd-r.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like Meritline.com's house brand. about 97 cents each if you by 50, less if you buy more. Great quality. No probs so far.

LaKidd

·
Registered
715 Posts
I buy mine from MicroCenter. Currently that have a sale on K-Hypermedia DVD-Rs in a jewel case. A 5-pack is going for $4.95. Before that, they had 10 packs of K-Hypermedia DVD-Rs in double-jewel cases for $13 and change with a $5 mail-in rebate.

I did drop one pack onto my kitchen floor hard enough that the plastic teeth that keep the DVDs in place, broke off. I had problems with a couple of those disks, but otherwise no "coasters".

Kurt

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GTR3,

Thanks for the tip! I ran down to the nearest PC Club and grabbed their last 50-pack. There are a bunch more PC Club's in the area, I'll have to ransack those too.

-AmoebaMan

·
Registered
651 Posts
If anybody is near each other in a city, gang up and buy the 500 cakes for now at least until prices go down again.

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Here are a few places to check out as well.

http://www.genesysdtp.com/

http://www.allmediaoutlet.com/dvdr.html

http://www.wemakemusic.net/

http://www.dvd-rwmedia.com/dvdminusr.html

Note 4X media has gone way down in price now.

I don't like the real cheap ones, only because I hate having just a 1X burn speed. Now the 4X stuff is hitting the $1 and under range at last.

When it comes to 69 cents for 1X or 2X media, and 90 cents for 4X media. I'll take the 4X media any day! And I'll even happily pay another 20 or 30 cents for the printable 4X media also. So I can use my printer for them, instead of the BS of having to worry about stick on labels falling off and jamming the player. Yeah 69 cents was a great deal, but even 90 cents is not that bad of price to pay for them. Just look at what they used to cost when they first came out! I can remember when a $1 each for a CDR was a great price, so 90 cents now for a 4X DVD-R, is nothing to sneeze at.

Besides, in a few years, they might get as cheap as CDR's are now.....;)

Which at times can be free w/rebates.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Someone should post a link to that German research firm that tested DVD-R blanks. There are some real bad DVD-R's out there. Imation and memorex were horrible . As I remember TDK and Fugi were very good. The differences in quality were astounding . I do not have the link and should have bookmarked it.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Where are you getting these "Fugi" DVD-R's you keep talking about. I've never heard of them (unless you mean the "Fuji" DVD-R's that Best Buy is selling these days). I have had good experience with Fuji DVD-RAM in my Panny recorders.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
vf- my spelling of Fuji was bad-had brain lock and yeah I bought four 25 packs at BB for about $1.30 each when they were on special 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
950 Posts
The Riteks have worked very well for me. 4X Riteks can be found for $1.5 each. Its worth paying a bit more for the reliability factor.

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
I just bought Princo from eBay & Samsung's BeAll from meritline.com. They've both worked well on my E80. I agree discs aren't as cheap as they used to be a while back -- it's all these people buying DVD burners. They'll probably go down in price again though.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Brajesh
I just bought Princo from eBay & Samsung's BeAll from meritline.com. They've both worked well on my E80. I agree discs aren't as cheap as they used to be a while back -- it's all these people buying DVD burners. They'll probably go down in price again though.
I assume the BeAll is a Samsung disc rebranded for meritline? After using both, do you have any preference between the Princo and BeAll?

EDIT: Never mind that first question, I just saw on meritline.com that "BeALL is the OEM manufacturer of Samsung DVD-R media"

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.