AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched around and now I figured I'd come to the folks who can best assist, since I have run up against a brick wall.

I've recently purchased a 15in Samsung LCD for use in our kitchen. It has worked out very nicely size-wise and has freed up more space in a corner that previously had a swing-arm mount for a TV.

The only problem is the glaring black 6ft power cord that came stock with the TV. I was able to purchase a white cable that I've run around the window frame.

A *********** cord I've not had luck.

I've looked high and low for what would be a perfect fit: 8ft *********** cord that I can tack against the window frame to "hide" it a bit. A *********** cord would match better with our walls and also the additional two feet would allow a bit more flexibility.

That being said, I've visited the usual sites (Ebay, Cablesandkits, Quail) to no avail.

The power cord is the standard supply end 5-15P to equipment end C-13.

If anyone has other ideas, I would be most grateful!!

Long time reader, infrequent poster.

Thanks in advance!

- Dan

·
Registered
305 Posts
Try Apple, Inc. (formerly Apple Computer). Many of their products ship with white cords and it is possible that something they have will work for you. If possible, visit one of their larger stores, as opposed to their website which has a limitied selection of replacement parts.

Even if a 6 footer falls short (pun intended) you could remanufacture your own length by using the "white" terminating ends and getting some *********** cord from elsewhere. I know you can get white shrinkwrap to make it look "Pro".

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Ditto on the radio shack. Most of their stores have in stock and cheaper than on-line. Purchased one to run from the wall to inside a cabinet to the power conditioner for my home theater.

·
Premium Member
18,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbterry97 /forum/post/17388014

Radio Shack online has two listed.

$9.99

Enercell 12-Ft. AC Power Cord w/ Right-Angle Plug (White)

Model: 61-207 | Catalog #: 61-207

This is the one i bought at Radio Shack for my "stepdaughter's" kitchen LCD TV for the same reason as the OP.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Good options.

My wife would have suggested replacing all the appliances in the kitchen with black to match the power cord of the tv. Then we'd have to replace the white tv because of the clash with the appliances....

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
honestly, you are still going to see the cord whether its white or black. if you really want it white, cover it in white electrical tape like others have said.

otherwise, can you just wrap it and zip tie the extra cord? for example, if the tv is only 2 feet from the outlet, and the cord is 8 ft, wrap the extra 6 feet and tie it up where you cant see it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.