AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched around and now I figured I'd come to the folks who can best assist, since I have run up against a brick wall.

I've recently purchased a 15in Samsung LCD for use in our kitchen. It has worked out very nicely size-wise and has freed up more space in a corner that previously had a swing-arm mount for a TV.

The only problem is the glaring black 6ft power cord that came stock with the TV. I was able to purchase a white cable that I've run around the window frame.

A *********** cord I've not had luck.

I've looked high and low for what would be a perfect fit: 8ft *********** cord that I can tack against the window frame to "hide" it a bit. A *********** cord would match better with our walls and also the additional two feet would allow a bit more flexibility.

That being said, I've visited the usual sites (Ebay, Cablesandkits, Quail) to no avail.

If anyone has other ideas, I would be most grateful!!

The power cord is the standard supply end 5-15P to equipment end C-13.

Long time reader, infrequent poster.

Thanks in advance!

- Dan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought about putting a socket behind the TV, but I would prefer to keep the flexibility of being able to move the LCD should the need arise. In addition, putting a box that high on the wall, through two studs is a bit of a job.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesued /forum/post/0

I thought about putting a socket behind the TV, but I would prefer to keep the flexibility of being able to move the LCD should the need arise. In addition, putting a box that high on the wall, through two studs is a bit of a job.

I'ts not really that hard. I have a coax and plug directly behind my LCD in my kitchen. It was the best thing I did! No visable wires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.