AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am searching for the biggest crunchiest popcorn kernel avl. I read in the newsgroups that vogels distributes the best

http://www.vogelpopcorn.com/pages/producttable.html

Does anybody have experience with this hybrid popcorn and no where you can purchase it?

Also my other search is popcorn formula for 4oz popper.

My popcorn popper says 1 tablespoon of oil for 4oz of popcorn. I have noticed the amount of coconut oil in the 4oz packages is much greater than 1 tablespoon.

How much coconut oil should I be using for a 4oz popper?

Also how much flavacol?

last question, is there a proper order when putting these ingrediants into the kennel?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have a 4 oz machine and I have found that half of the oil in the package is about right. If I use the whole package, my popcorn is too chewy and I cannot get it to the right crispness. But half of the package and a little hot air and it is great. Still the same flavor but less oil.

That solution was suggested to me by the tech support guy at the popper company when I complained of chewy popcorn.

I'm not a good one to ask about flavacol . . . I like my popcorn salty. I add about half a teaspoon to my pre-measured packets. :D

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all those prepackages have `1/6 of cup of oil for a 4oz popcorn and 1/2 a tablespoon of flavacol. so 1/6 a cup of oil = 16 tablespoons in a cup / 6 = 2.67 tablespoons of oil. or 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons.

I wonder why my popper suggest 1 tablespoon of oil. Maybe with coconut oil and butter flavoring/coloring you are supposed to use more than other oils.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
interesting..i read that for a 4oz machine which i have uses 2 tablespoons, which is close to your approximation..i always add extra flavacol as well..one thing i will say is try megapop...their popcorn is simply fabulous..dried out without help, in about 15-20 minutes!!!

i do like the less oil idea for crispier corn...i'll have to try that one.

brickie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.