AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

After several years of trusted service of my cheap pioneer 5.1 receiver I am in the market for a new one. I have started to upgrade my sound system with a set of Wharfedale diamond 10.1 and recently purchased a Pro-ject Carbon. Playing vinyl is so much fun :).

Next up is the receiver, here I am starting to get really confused :). I am mostly focused around listening to vinyl, maybe an optical in would be nice to connect to my Raspberry Pi project (volumio.org). I intent to use this in my living room, dedicated to listening to records and such. Not for movies.

An interesting wrinkle in all of this is that I might want to move back to Europe in the next couple of years so I would love to buy something that can handle both 110 and 220v.

The budget is

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok spend my evening researching and found the Rotel Ra-12. This seems a great amp with all the capabilities I need. The manual also states I can move it with me to the Europe and they can switch it to 220. I'll be going to listen to it tomorrow :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.