AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I missed the boat on the zt60 65. At christmas time it was just under $3k but I didn't have the funds. I now DO have the funds but alas the TV is no longer available and has hit ridiculous numbers. Been reading a lot of the threads and it sounds like the Samsung f8500 would be the next best thing I can get in my budget. The question is, is it worth it? There seems to be a lot of fuss on floating blacks

Usage patterns:

Netflix/hbogo/amazon/hulu streaming - 20%

OTA HD watching - 20%

Blu Ray & DVD watching - 10%

Gaming (PS3 & 360) - 30%

720 or 1080 AVI files (I have a k-drama addiction) - 20%

viewing distance is approx 12ft away.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
It's a beautiful display.

Contact Chris at Cleveland Plasma, He's running a sale a few hundred less than everyone else, but that sale ends today.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've looked and there really are not any in my area that are not going for crazy prices OR don't have damage (dead pixels, missing stand, scratched display etc). Honestly, I rather have the panny but I think I'm too late

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid  /t/1520968/in-the-market-for-a-new-telly-should-i-bite-on-the-samsung-f8500-64#post_24438449

It's a beautiful display.

Contact Chris at Cleveland Plasma, He's running a sale a few hundred less than everyone else, but that sale ends today.

so how bad is the floating blacks issue?

·
Registered
3,272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidget  /t/1520968/in-the-market-for-a-new-telly-should-i-bite-on-the-samsung-f8500-64#post_24439931

so how bad is the floating blacks issue?

Your best bet is to go to the owners thread and ask those who watch the display everyday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts