AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should i wait untill the fall or winter for 4k pricing to come down some more then they already have, or should i just buy a tv now.


i am looking at led tv's like the Samsung un60f7050 and tv's in that range....


i was also looking at the Sharpe elite but that was 4200 and that would be streachting it for me budget wise. in you guys need more info let me know. thx for any advise
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,567 Posts
Really better off waiting on 4K until every thing like HDMI 2.0 and H.265 codec is ironed out. Large 4K sets are around $7,000-$15,000, way above your budget. There probably won't be much 4K content until 2015 anyway. If you need a display right now, I would grab one on the cheap Panasonic plasmas like the 65" Panasonic S64 for $1500 and waiting it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx for that advise pal i will look into it... do you think i should keep my 50' dlp Panasonic for another two years?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
If you're thinking about buying a Samsung, at least wait a year until HDMI 2.0 arrives, then you can get compatibility fixes via Evolution kits. This is what I am planning as well since I've decided to go with the Samsung plasma.
 

·
Registered
Quadruple Stack w/ JVC RS2000/N7| Runco Q750 | DPI M-Vision Cine LED | Benq HT9050
Joined
·
5,644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthalarm  /t/1475580/in-the-market-for-a-new-tv/0_40#post_23387903


in a year from now 4k would prob be cheaper also and have usb 2.0 ..

Hdmi 2.0
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top