AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a new TV, but I've been out of the game or a few years, and I don't know what to get.

I've had a Pioneer Kuro 50 Eliite and Panasonic VT25 50" as my last two TV's.

I'm looking for a 55" or higher TV.

I dropped cable, so I'd prefer the TV have Hulu, Netflix, and Plex for sure. Anything else is a bonus (I think Samsung only meets these criteria).

The exterior needs to be nice looking, I'd like the screen to go all the way to the edge.

Thin would be nice, but not necessary.

And, an easy way to calibrate it would be nice, aka, settings are already out somewhere on these forums for me to walkthrough.

I don't have a preference of plasma or lcd.

I don't know where to start, please give guidance / model numbers.

I don't have a budget at this time.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Well if you have liked your plasmas then jump quickly on a VT60 or ZT60 as Panasonic is exiting the plasma business and these two are considered some of the best TVs ever made. It appears the ZT60 supply is drying up if not almost gone.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Start with Samsung F8500 and Panasonic VT60 plasmas. Lower level samsungs would be a step back for you, and lower level panasonics are basically sold out everywhere.

·
Registered
796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDgeneration  /t/1510658/in-the-market-for-a-new-tv#post_24181650

Hello, I want to get a panasonic ZT60 or a Samsung F8500, do you think they will still be avaialbe by June?

The F8500 will probably be available, definitely not the ZT60. If you find a ZT in June, it won't be cheap!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyboy  /t/1510658/in-the-market-for-a-new-tv#post_24181667

The F8500 will probably be available, definitely not the ZT60. If you find a ZT in June, it won't be cheap!!!

Oh man! I really hope Panasonic or any other online retailer has them in stock by June, or I'll go with the Samsung F8500. I've had my 40 inch Sony Bravia LCD W series since late 2007 and I believe its time for an upgrade. Picture is starting to fade a bit. The only problem is trying to convince my parents, hahaha.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts
Well Panasonic no longer makes Plasma, but Samsung and LG have a few Plasma models available and also make a few OLED models.

Otherwise, your only option is one of the billions of various brands/models of LCD TV.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDgeneration  /t/1510658/in-the-market-for-a-new-tv#post_24181650

Hello, I want to get a panasonic ZT60 or a Samsung F8500, do you think they will still be avaialbe by June?

If you find one in June, it's either going to be a very late open box/demo set, or at some ridiculous price tag brand new. This goes for the 60 and 65. If you can get one now, the prices seem to be their best at this time. On most TVs, the curve goes downward from new, then once the next model comes out and supply of the current one drains (or worse, when it's discontinued altogether), prices seem to creep back up and the sellers more difficult to find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts