AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if the INHD programmers are trolling the board? I know many of us have been asking for a show of just HD movie trailers for quite a while. They just showed a preview of The Rundown and it looked really good.

OK, now I'm officially spoiled. I'm finding it harder and harder to watch DVDs now.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I agree; this trailer show is fantastic! Not having had HDNet, I've never seen their trailer shows before, so this is a first for me. I find that I really like seeing Catherine Zeta-Jones in HD :) :)

My only complaint is that the frequent white flashes in many of the trailers trigger the bug in my Hitachi 4:3 set that causes the set to cut off for a few seconds. I think it's time for me to get a new set :)

·
Registered
19,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rreini- You sure it's your set? INHD is having technical troubles, one of which is an infrequent cut-out. It's also pretty glitchy, having occasional breakups- which is probably a localized problem.

As for the other trailers, I think they have a number of different "In Theaters" shows, or show them inbetween shows, because I recall seeing any number of them over the past week.

Trailers I can recall:

Once Upon a Time in Mexico (seperate thread on this)

Matchstick Men

Underworld

The Rundown (opens next week)

Secondhand Lions (week after next)

Intolerable Cruelty

Please add ones I missed.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Haven't had any glitches with INHD yet.

I believer there have been two different In Theaters shows. I think the newer one aired on friday.

Cabin Fever

·
Registered
938 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveFi
rreini- You sure it's your set? INHD is having technical troubles, one of which is an infrequent cut-out. It's also pretty glitchy, having occasional breakups- which is probably a localized problem.

Yes, it's definitely my set. It's a known problem with early versions of the Hitachi 43FDX01B. Oddly enough, it didn't manifest itself until it went out of warranty :(. I won't get into that any more here, 'cause it would be off-topic.

I haven't encountered any of the cutouts you're talking about.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveFi

Trailers I can recall:

Once Upon a Time in Mexico (seperate thread on this)

Matchstick Men

Underworld

The Rundown (opens next week)

Secondhand Lions (week after next)

Intolerable Cruelty

Please add ones I missed.
Anything Else

Cabin Fever

Highwaymen

In the Cut

The Whole Ten Yards

There may have been more.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
I think that they all have jumped on the HDTV Movie Trailer Bandwagon. Even Discovery HD Theater has a "All Movie Trailer Half-Hour" show called "Hollywood Spotlight".

Quote:
Hollywood Spotlight

A Discovery HD Theater original production highlighting new feature film releases direct from the Hollywood studios. Join host Erin Carmen as she presents the latest film trailers and entertainment news direct form the City of Angels to your living room!

Premiere: September 7, 2003

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Dave, I think you are right and I love the trailers!

Anyone else also think their channel "bug" is a little more translucent now? Maybe they saw some of those complaints as well? ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, I think they do listen and they're getting better.

I can't wait to see the LOTR: The Return of The Kings trailer in HD. Hope they get that soon.

aaron

·
Registered
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CycloneGT
I think that they all have jumped on the HDTV Movie Trailer Bandwagon. Even Discovery HD Theater has a "All Movie Trailer Half-Hour" show called "Hollywood Spotlight".
Has anyone else seen "Hollywood Spotlight"? At first I wasn't sure about Discovery doing a trailers show, but it's growing on me. "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" looks like it might be good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just looked on their website and didn't see anything for the next few days. also did a search in the program listings which returned nothing...

a

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmellby
Has anyone else seen "Hollywood Spotlight"? At first I wasn't sure about Discovery doing a trailers show, but it's growing on me. "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" looks like it might be good.
If they show the Texas Chainsaw Massacre trailer, hopefully they'll broadcast it in 5.1. This trailer really takes advantage of surround sound to make a chase inside the home thunder around the listening area.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Went to the movies last night (saw Underworld) and saw that trailer. I never saw the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre and lately I've been in the horror movie mode. I told a friend today I wanted to see it just because it sounds great (looked good too, especial that cutie).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.