AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are news of the development of the next dci moon of Jupiter to be built on the 18th floor of this landmark skyscraper development ( a jv by my 2 main patrons).

Ugo, Julian Schnable and Vlad.

Shop drawings don't commence until a year and a Half from now on the screening room but it will be equipped with Dolby Cinema HDR projector in 6p and of course hi verisimilitude Low Fatigue Atmos.
(update because the way the apartments are financed only 50% they need find a GC as per banking regs..
So when they find the GC in next months then from then...3 Years, By then Dolby doremi will have super hdmi 8k 240 fps functionality down pat. Right Folks?

Which reminds of moment that DirectTV (before and after ) dropped 7 oem stb manuf. That was game changing as many of us know. DTV said F it! if you want something done right ...; when DTV took control of manufacturing it centered it's focus into progressive linearly stable path of growth, to the point of now cornering market.

Well, I just realized how well barco is positioned READ COMING THREAD ON HOTEL CHAIN DCI 4D and 3D SCREENING ROOMS.....

I am currently finalizing Quixotian effort to de-bug and repair catastrophic damage to the Dolphin board of the dcp2k4 at SOHO BEACH HOUSE (packed-full room capacity) (a system rev non compatibility chain reaction ensued because the series 1 SUPERKONTRAST from CEDIA 2009 did not have a $5,500 GORE board [so if you landed in this thread by googling Al Gore marries Dolphin-you are in the wrong place.:)] DCI POWERS forced all 1st gen Barcos to get a better encryption by implementing gore boards to be cont'd....at SOHO HOUSE/DELANO/AMAN THREAD.

BRICKELL FLATIRON

Since Julian Schnable is designing the public spaces, fasten seat-belts it will be a very wild ride in space design. I will post here early layouts once those are developed.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I hope you get it before that Peter, three years is a long way of, or is there an exclusivity deal for that period, that prevents another private project like this, using the HDR version?

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
depending of final size of unit we may get it into homes. Soundstages will get it first, just waiting for units to be built. But they will need god hdmi connectivity as well as dci, and there are 2 incompatible still hdr formats ....

Once we start doing the shop drawings time goes by fast...

I will see first in Cinemacon then you go to the Dolby Cinema by you when they upgrade, and you can write some more articles on that!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
So that's the footprint premium for the output modulation.

Marc, is the output of the direct coupled projector comparable to two 6P projectors? Note you are using two big projectors in the IMAX implementation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Marc, Long time, I see Barco has been making the footprint comparisons you alluded to...

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to correct an inaccuracy in this thread. The Christie Laser Modules each have a built-in chiller thus eliminating the chiller as a single point of system failure. There is no central chiller (or 2 as the slide shows).

Regards,

Mike Esch
VP Engineering
Christie

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thank you so much for chiming in.

It's a privilege you have taken the time to fix truth.
I snuck behind your fabulous hdr 6p demo booth last year and I believe I can confirm what you are saying. Will post my pics of course you only had paired sets of 18kwb laser modules

That is why I thought maybe the CINERAMA or Moody Gardens 6P rigs perhaps needed extra chillin...

i will assume that Dolby cinema has no extra chillers either. Just 20% Bigger projectors.
LOL.

It would be highly beneficial if Christie could provide us with installation pictures and a set of auto cads pdf of the lens facing lens duo setups of the cp-4240 series. Just as I n your 6p cinemacon demo last year.

You only show the classic L layout which is never as practical in tighter booths.

Could you arrange for me please?

Peter at cineramax com.

Tia!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Mike will you be showing the HDR projector(s) at this year's IBC?

Point of failure reduction is always a good thing.

Impressive hole to fit your walnut finished theater.

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
here was the best in show....

Well the cooling unit is at bottom feeding modularly several laser M fiber drivers, in pic the chillers don't appear independent but rather one with multiple hoses... no problem though, separating the liquid pumping at the bottom of the rack. God forbid a leak on a laser!

best f 3d ever, efficiency is off the hook.

Me eyes survived DUAL class 3b radiation exposure, Yey! :D

They always show the L version...

I'll bite, you want to eliminate a layer of extra dust collection in front of Lens, by not bouncing of a FSM.

I don't care about the mirror layer savings for a home cinema projection elevator assisted plenum I want to keep the footprint to minimum, the lasers can sit in the mechanical room.

Factory Ventilation setbacks were depicted by Carlos our BIM man.But that is 6,500 xenon, laser is probaly equivalent of a 10,000 lumen xenon or less. So duo soffit is more compact.

And it can exhaust without 8 inch flexible ducts.

Aligned de-coupled venting direct to return air as in the REAR-PRO BOOTH at SOHO BEACH HOUSE, out the back of DP series 1.

Carlos Center , Helmut Right.

Here in RHINO meeting at old RealD Lab Penthouse Midtown Miami, with Europa's Lead Architect Helmut Kinzler from Zaha Hadid

EUROPA

No one hushes a solaria like CINERAMAX.

We often dedicate one kaleidescape to 3d with the same technology I peeked James Cameron interest with a 5 minute argument/confrontation which turned into a nice sale for T to Ligthstorm, so a lot of our 2d is watched in 3d, when 3d is good you want to keep your glasses on. The albiorix cinema is more comfortable to watch in 3d than 2d. So kaleidescape 3d is used most often.

Getting to the point that I prefer the 3d layout and would appreciate someone from Christie to send me the engineering auto-cads to put in the Brickell Flatiron, at least for early space planning.

Then we can morph the projector Hushbox at Skoll below sideways. For Prometheus if we get 1.43" chip BOXER or NEC 1040 4k with high grade countermeasures ( sturdier lens holder block ) cantilever -exacerbated-mechanical lens vibration...

Again This Moon contributed to fine tune our golden mean ergo seating raking.

The discovery of chapter 13!!! The fact that Naomi made me play that chapter over and over 2 nights in Art Basel 11, and one night in Art Basel 12 for pdiddy and lennie kravitz and some famous rappers that were chillin but that Im sorry not to be acquainted, Lenny said of the chapter 13in 4D, "its an acid trip".

First night 11 was epic, front row client and Will smith, "he asked do it again, do it again!", side right rows top 3 supermodels doing the D-Box Dolby 3D Roaller-coaster (crystal flute en hand). top row sofa Zaha Hadid and her Husband, behind Zaha me standing next to Adriene Brody and ,

That track by Pharrell put me into a journey that is impacting many of us at the moment. Despite that the a bit better than qsc: PRO speakers with ice-powers I did not like the sound at the end (not what I was expecting clearer like CINEPRO co-exhibitions 10-11). Long story short the 25% improved sound over other tracks led me to where the neptunes recorded with Pharrell: Hans Zimmer Studio. I go check out find QUESTED sound incredible at 12 feet lousy at 17, call quested talk to Roger, fast forward now to the Rhineland and system Triton is deployed with first Altitude in consumer hands, with Curt on line, and with 30 quested speakers no less, armed with the images from this WATERSHED IMMERSION installation we focus expansion into atmos sound stages with high verisimilitude/zero fatigue next gen B-CHAIN topologies.....

Attachments

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
That stacked set-up doesn't take up that much floorspace, no more than a regular DCi projector it seems. The heads each house rgb or 2x rgb?

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Moon Prometheus Laser Upgrade ....

RGB. But this is the requirement to be a Moon of Jupiter 2 LASER Projectors.

Exactly would fit in both of those guys homes like so.

Ugo's Prometheus - Carl Fisher Estate, Miami Beach.

Listen to respected acoustician Steve Haas positive review of Torus with RPG and slap echo acoustical countermeasures.

Hi main criticism is the criticism of putting the surrounds in cantilevered reverse trapagon soffit., 6 years later my immersion spatial design gut feel gamble pays off for atmos, rather than having the suround T speakers in flat ceiling, id like a gradual deZcending ZtaircaZe front to back

Eliminate the tower level, second tallest point z- middle of structure.

Surely Christie can add a boxer sized laser head then we could put a lift above it....
No transformers allowed near my rack or projectors BTW!

Hey but mysterious vendor number 3 that is shadowing my every post since I characterizing their DCI Director as dastardly for not wanting to sell the laser for homes as being fcc emissions commercial rank.

They more than doubled the price of their compact head unit, I knew certain things were in the works for rev 2, possibly not 6p, but 8k contrast engineering target I was told.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mike will you be showing the HDR projector(s) at this year's IBC?

Point of failure reduction is always a good thing.

Impressive hole to fit your walnut finished theater.
Peter and Donald

I sent you guys PMs to your questions but just realized that they probably didn't go through since this ability seems to be tied to a minimum number of posts. Perhaps you guys could PM me with email addresses and we can take it off line.

Mike Esch
VP Engineering
Christie

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Mike. Look forward. Maybe I can catch up briefly at Cinemacon.

I did get some info from Mike Mastrojovich of tech support on the dimensions of the single laser rack and head, plus the required clearances for the different duo configs.

Attachments

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Ugo Colombo and Vlad Doronin swap ownership of Brickell land

Good thing I am working now for Ugo the project is still on.:D He also changed interior designer from the crazy styled to Massimo Iossa Ghinni who has codesigned with me MY FAVORITE most gorgeous room to date. ALBIORIX.

Ugo Colombo and Vlad Doronin, once the planned co-developers of Brickell Flatiron and another nearby site in Miami, have ended their partnership on both projects by way of a land swap. The two developers previously had joint ownership of the Brickell Flatiron condo project at 1001 South Miami Avenue and an assemblage of parcels at 830 Southeast 1st Avenue. For reasons undisclosed, Colombo and Doronin have traded their ownership rights on both properties. Colombo’s CMC Group is now the outright owner of Brickell Flatiron, while Doronin holds the title for the assemblage at 830 Southeast 1st Avenue, according to Colombo’s spokesperson. The financial details of the deal were not disclosed. “CMC Group and Capital Group had planned to co-develop the 830 Southeast 1st Avenue and Brickell Flatiron sites,” CMC spokesperson Tadd Schwartz told The Real Deal. “The two firms have since finalized an agreement under which Capital Group will control the 830 site, and CMC group will develop Brickell Flatiron independently.” Since launching sales in April 2014, Flatiron has sold about 45 percent of its 548 units, according to fourth quarter data from the most recent ISG Miami Report. The project has yet to break ground but is expected to do so in March of this year. In May 2015, Colombo and Doronin put the 0.8-acre assemblage of land at 830 Southeast 1st Avenue on the market with brokerage CBRE. The site sits directly next to Related Group’s upcoming SLS Lux project, and at the time was expected to fetch around $50 million, based on comparable land sales. CMC Group acquired the land for an undisclosed amount in July 2013, according to Miami-Dade property records. The property had been purchased out of bankruptcy by Oleg Baibakov, a Russian oligarch. Previously, entities linked to developers Renzo Renzi and his brother Pasquale Renzi had planned the Beacon of Brickell Tower on the site. CBRE on Thursday confirmed to TRD that it is no longer listing the property. A Doronin-controlled company that owns the 830 Southeast 1st Avenue site also just financed the property with a $36 million loan from the Security Benefit Corp. The billionaire Russian real estate developer heads Moscow-based Capital Group. Colombo, a veteran real estate developer based in Miami, grabbed headlines in 2014 when he sold land next to downtown’s EPIC Hotel for a whopping $125 million. More recently, his partnerships have seemed to dissolve. Colombo and Masoud Shojaee’s Shoma Group had previously planned to jointly develop the Collection Residences, but ended their partnership in November. Last month, Shojaee sued Colombo in a dispute related to that partnership. Colombo has told TRD that he still plans to develop the Collection Residences after he completes Brickell Flatiron.

Datasat please send atmos card quickly to finish prometheus atmos update, this is one client we want supersatisfied. thanks!!!

Update:

For Italian-born developer Ugo Colombo, he says it’s quality over quantity, whether it’s selling luxury condos or exotic sports cars.

On Wednesday, the CMC Group founder breaks ground on Brickell Flatiron, only his seventh condo project since completing Bristol Tower 23 years ago. His other projects are the Santa Maria, Porta Vita, The Collection/4000 Ponce, Grovenor House and EPIC Residences.

Along the way, he also created one of the nation’s most successful luxury automobile dealerships, The Collection, where one percenters can select from the latest editions of Porsche, Ferrari, and Aston Martin cars, to name a few.

Two days before the shovels hit the dirt, Colombo sat down with The Real Deal to talk about his development approach and the current slowdown in the market. “I enjoy quality,” Colombo said from a conference room overlooking Brickell Avenue. “I want to be proud of what I have built. It’s the same philosophy with The Collection. It’s all about the high-end.”

His attention to luxurious quality is a significant reason his buildings retain value, Colombo said. He noted that residences at Santa Maria, a residential skyscraper at 1643 Brickell Avenue built in 1996, sell at an average of $857 per square-foot in today’s market, which is roughly $157 more a square foot than the average pre-sale unit at Flatiron. “In Santa Maria, the average square footage is 4,000 per unit,” Colombo said. “There were no corners cut. Everything is top dollar. That’s why in the resale market, Santa Maria units hold their value.”

It’s the same philosophy with Brickell Flatiron, Colombo said. Units in the building will have panoramic views of Biscayne Bay and the Miami skyline and wide, elliptical terraces. The 549-unit, 64-floor tower’s amenities will include a lap pool and a rooftop swimming pool, fitness club and spa offer a limitless 360-degree view of Miami’s landscape.

Colombo said CMC expects to close on construction financing within a month and that about 50 percent of the building has been sold, primarily to Latin American buyers. “They want urban living,” Colombo said. “The downtown core is a place where people want to live.”

Construction of Brickell Flatiron, which was originally planned for the end of 2015, is beginning at a time the South Florida luxury condo market is beginning to experience a slowdown in foreign buyers. Yet, Colombo said he’s not worried. “The days of selling 100 units a month are over,” he said. “And days of selling 10 to 15 units a month are back in. To me, that is a sign of healthy market.”

- See more at: http://therealdeal.com/miami/2016/0...-development-philosophy/#sthash.bhg9gmBM.dpuf

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
And more Hotel Cinema Prospects from Vlad

Plus he too is setting up shop in Miami. Next week Skoll is getting the d-box system upgrade and subtitle and lighting control upgrades. With all his family hanging out at the house subtitles are paramount.

Vladislav Doronin has set up shop in Miami. The developer and investor’s OKO Group has opened an office in Miami’s Design District, a spokesperson told The Real Deal. OKO Group is working on three developments in South Florida in the Brickell area and in Edgewater. The new office, at 4100 Northeast Second Avenue, has 15 employees and spans about 3,500 square feet. OKO leased the space a few months ago, according to a company spokesperson. The firm moved in in February, and no brokers were involved in the lease. Back in October, a division of OKO paid nearly $48 million to buy out a condo building at the south end of Brickell with plans to build a 48-story luxury condo tower. The developer also bought 2.8 acres of waterfront land between 26th Street and 26th Terrace in Miami’s Edgewater neighborhood, and will build a 649-foot-tall luxury residential building there. More recently, Doronin and developer Ugo Colombo ended their partnership on two Brickell projects. They previously had joint ownership of the Brickell Flatiron condo project at 1001 South Miami Avenue and an assemblage of parcels at 830 Southeast 1st Avenue. Colombo’s CMC Group is now the outright owner of Brickell Flatiron, while Doronin holds the title for the assemblage at 830 Southeast 1st Avenue. The developer will also open an office in New York City, where Doronin’s Amanresorts is co-developing the historic Crown building along with Michael Shvo, the spokesperson told TRD. Doronin is also chairman of the Russia-based Capital Group, as well as owner and chairman of Aman, a luxury resort brand. - See more at: http://therealdeal.com/miami/2016/0...-in-the-design-district/#sthash.DtpoZvZJ.dpuf

1 - 20 of 20 Posts