AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

In my current house I have a pair of Polk Audio RC85i speakers mounted in the ceiling in my kitchen dining room, which I wired to a Class T amp which lives in a cabinet. I have a 3.5mm jack mounted on the wall in the kitchen, which lets me plug in an ipod or a phone or whatever, and I'm happy with the setup. It's simple and sounds good and doesn't clutter the place up. The only problem is that to adjust the volume on the amp you have to open the cabinet.

I'm now building a new house and I want to have a similar setup - ceiling speakers, 3.5mm jack in the wall, and a little amp to power it. For ease of use, though, I'd like the amp's power and volume controls to be mounted in the wall too, next to the jack. The AudioShare 50w In-wall Amplifier which used to be sold on Amazon looks like what I'm after, but it doesn't seem to be available anymore. Ideally I'd like to permanently wire in the power supply so it's all clean. Does anyone know of such a setup available now? The Pyle Home PVC10ABT looks busier than I want, and there are no reviews on Amazon; the reviews for their other stuff don't look good.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have ordered an LP-2020A+ Lepai Tripath Class-T amp, since it looks like I can modify it and mount the faceplate in the wall and the amp and power supply in a cabinet below. Really it looked like the NuVo WA30 would be almost perfect, but they don't seem to be available anymore. There are lots of single gang amps available in Europe, but it seems like not many in the US. Oh well, new project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts