AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a quote for some paradigm AMS in wall's and the 3 speakers for left, right and center are AMS-LCR, which are supposedly a new product. Has anyone heard of such a speaker? The quoted price was $440CDN each if that helps. The 2 for surround are for in the ceiling - AMS 150R-sm for $300 a piece. If anyone has any thoughts on performance and value it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just installed (5) AMS-250 series speakers in my parents family room last month, and I am extremely impressed how well that room sounds with in walls. I wasn't expecting a lot with all the talk on these forums about using in-walls. Be sure if you are going to be watching movies that you get a subwoofer to helps them out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've been looking at the same thing. the AMS-LCR and the AMS-150R....all with the same price as you mentioned...although he did offer a 15% discount.

I was thinking of the AMS-350 all around but then i would have an extra speaker which i was told to use in the center (therefore 2 speakers would be combined to make the center)

i think i'll wait until the AMS-LCR's are in.

as far a value goes, i think these are pretty good. If you think about it you could get all 5 of your speakers for about $1600.........not bad if you ask me

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you saying you got your Paradigm AMS-LCR's for $300 each??? I just bought mine for $900 a pair and $449 for the extra to cover my front channels on for my projection room I am building. I am fumbling with the idea that I will keep the LCR for the center and return the side channels to get the AMS 350 for the front rt/lt, I'm going to keep the CS 60 for the surround 7.1. Any thoughts?
They sould be comming in next?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosseler  /t/787360/in-wall-paradigms#post_23199002

Where did you purchase your speakers at. I have been looking at the exact same system. Would like to here more.
paradigm prices have skyrocketed in the past four years. I got 350's for the kitchen for $550/pr in 2009. Went to get the same thing for my kids room in January and the same 350's are now going for $750/pr. Same for the AMS-LCR's. Go figure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.