AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm in the process of finishing up my dedicated media room and have a speaker question. My screen wall will only accomadate a 106" screen if I do an AT screen. Is there any thing wrong with mounting my LCR speakers below the screen so I don't have to use and acoustically transparent screen. Speakers would be about 3 feet off the floor, and about 6-8 inches below the screen. And yes, the speakers do have amiable tweeters. Thanks for any help and advice!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
What's the budget and room size? I generally prefer sealed inwalls as they're more predictable. Axiom and Monitor Audio offer some good budget models with sealed enclosures. If your budget allows for more, Triad is worth a look. Several manufacturers also offer onwall models which may work in your application.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've already purchased the speakers. They are 6.5" dcm time domain from a local home theatre store. Just wondering if the front L&R will work below the screen instead of beside or above as I don't have room for this on the wall. My only other option is doing the AT screen.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I think you will be fine below the screen if that's all you can do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts