AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

So i will have my cables ran in-wall. I've read that 14 gauge speaker wires from any store would be okay. I want to know what brand of hdmi and sub woofer wires would you recomend. I want something well built since it's going to be in the wall and won't be able to swap out easily. Thanks!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Monoprice is a good option for a supplier with good prices. Be careful to ensure that all of your wires and cables are in-wall rated for fire code.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout's staff  /t/1421516/in-wall-speaker-hdmi-s-w-wire-recommendation#post_22245960

Monoprice is a good option for a supplier with good prices. Be careful to ensure that all of your wires and cables are in-wall rated for fire code.

What he said. I also always tests my HDMI and subwoofer cables before I them in the wall. It also a good idea to run a second HDMI cable and a couple cat 6 cables for future proofing.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchan156  /t/1421516/in-wall-speaker-hdmi-s-w-wire-recommendation#post_22248019

I was looking at monoprice. Then i saw Bluejeans Cables. Are monoprice ones reliable enough?

I have never had a single issue with any Monoprice cables. How long is the HDMI run? For longer runs Bluejeans might be better, but they will cost more.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I'd run 2 - 4 Cat 6 cables along side the HDMI cable before sealing up the wall. If the HDMI cable ever goes bad, you can always use the Cat 6 cable as a back up. They are also nice for future proofing.

·
Registered
588 Posts
+1, you should be fine with Monoprice for a 25' run.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts