AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have builder grade in wall speakers. All openings are the same size -- 12 1/8" x 8 5/8" (rough grille size). I have 6 speakers (3 front left, right, and center 2 surround sides and 1 rear surround). I want to upgrade the speakers for better sound but keep the same opening size. The current speakers have an 6 1/2" woofer.

I have narrowed down my search to Polk RC565i's, Boston Acoustics HSi 475 or 275, or Boston Acoustics DSi 460. I am not sure of all of the differences and which one would be best for the money. I am looking in the range of $150 each speaker.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Paradigms come to mind but aren't in your price range. If you're patient and don't mind buying used, you can save some dough and save from wanting to upgrade down the road.

I searched for "in-wall" on audiogon and got these results:

Classifieds Category Asking

B&W CWM 500 in-wall single Spkr-Full $125.00

Definitive Technology Ultimate In-Walls Spkr-Full $500.00

B&W Signature 8nt 800 series in-wall - sig 8nt Spkr-Full $2500.00

Elan THP650D 3-way dipole in-wall speakers Spkr-Full $279.00

Martin Logan Voyage in-wall speaker- 1 Spkr-Full $1200.00

Elan THP650W in-wall 2-way speakers / pair Spkr-Full $379.00

Pinnacle (4) Qp3 Iwc- kit in-wall or on wall (4) speakers for $210 Spkr-Moni $210.00

M&K sw-50 2-way in-wall speaker Spkr-Moni $175.00

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
i know this might recive some flak, but i was pleasantly surprised by an ultra-linear in-wall speaker i bought. i know they are know for swinging yacht parties in the 80s, but this speaker is a definite over-achiever. moderno makes some nice thx certified in-wall/ceiling as well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.