AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new house and every room, hallway, front porch and back yard patio have speakers in the wall, I think? There's speaker covers but I have no clue how to open them. I tried pulling on them but it seems like it's going to break if I pull any harder. I wanted to open them up to see if there are speakers inside.

In the second picture, theres a box coming out of the wall with a bunch of wires. I'm assuming this has to do with the speakers around the house. No way any receiver would have that many zones which is where I assume the blue box comes in. Blue box has 4 wires; green, white, black, red - how do these connect to a receiver?

Any input is much appreciated!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I use a small screwdriver to carefully pry the speaker grill off my inwall speaker. The grills are friction fit into a narow slot. It takes very little effort. I just work my way around prying a little at a time. maybe this will work?

·
Registered
392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravityhotspot /forum/post/12936991

I use a small screwdriver to carefully pry the speaker grill off my inwall speaker. The grills are friction fit into a narow slot. It takes very little effort. I just work my way around prying a little at a time. maybe this will work?

Sometimes a putty knife will work better because it's thinner and wider than a screwdriver. Oh yeah, and try putting a piece of cardboarg against the wall to pry against so you don't damage the paint or drywall.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys - I was able to get the grill off and there are definately speakers.

Anyone want to take a crack on how I can hook all this up with that funky blue box with 4 wires coming out of it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts