AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In wall speakers for surrounds? I had the free in home consultation the Best Buy offers this morning and I told him I was going with the Martin Logan Motion 12's and Motion C Center and the I was thinking about the Klipsch Rs-42's for surrounds and he suggested Polk In Wall speaker for surrounds instead. The idea appeals to me, what does everyone think?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He suggested they be neutral sounding. Is there a brand recommendation besides Polk that might be better for whatever reason?

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Martin Logan also makes in walls, not sure if they might be a better timbre match for your LCR. Klipsch too.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Horstkotte /forum/post/20898790

Martin Logan also makes in walls, not sure if they might be a better timbre match for your LCR. Klipsch too.

Since these are for the rear and possly high surrounds I'm not as concerned about timbre matching. Off hand I'm thinking about keeping my surround purchase to Best Buy if I go with in wall speakers. But while Polk has the best warranty I'm wondering if BIC or Yamaha might be the better choice. Should I be concerned with 2 way, 3 way and bass when it comes to the rear or high surrounds? I said Best Buy but I'm still open to other places. Monoprice has some nicely priced in wall speakers, several different sizes and types all the Monoprice brand.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Yeah the Monoprice ones are apparently pretty nice (I haven't heard them personally) - as are the Hsu in walls (HIW-1) - those I have heard, and liked them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.